When I Didnt Care - Various - Hear The Difference! (SACD)
Label: Stockfisch Records - SFR 357.9801.2 • Format: SACD Hybrid, Stereo, Compilation Sennheiser HD 800 • Country: Europe • Genre: Jazz •
· SACD,I don't care much for it.I'm fairly new to digital play back and currently use a EMM labs sacd player,However my first digital player in a long while which I borrowed was a ModWright ultimate Sony which after listening to a well recorded CD with the EMM labs for 2 minutes the Sony was packed up and sent back the following ted Reading Time: 9 mins.
Sennheiser Germany and also Sennheiser Asia had the idea to feature a reference SACD for their brandnew reference headphone HD For that purpose both of them selected their favourite tracks from the Stockfisch repertoire. So, two different 5track-SACDs had been released - as Sennheiser claims: "Hear the difference!".
· Sometimes the mastering on the SACD layer of a hybrid disc is different from the mastering on the CD layer. 3 examples are the Dark Side of the Moon SACD, The Kinks' Everybody's in Showbiz SACD and Sam Cooke's Portrait of a Legend SACD. If the mastering is the same, I am hard-pressed to hear a difference.
· SACD players have a 8 to 10 second delay as they switch layers and the mastering can be different on different layers, even on the same hybrid SACD. I sampled a bunch of SACDs and kept finding differences that were attributable to different mastering and remixing- different balances of vocals to track, different reverb levels, different.
· · DTS-CD is superior in one way (24 bit, 48KHz) and inferior in another (compressed stream). DVD-A is superior, but depending on the DVD-A it could be the same. SACD is based on a very different approach, so it is not easy to compare. dts 96/24 is even greater than dts. 2.
- Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo (Titoli) - Ennio Morricone - Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo (Complete
- Bourrée (Les Amours De Ragonde 1742) - Jacques Lannoy - Lart Campanaire Suite Française Pour Carillo